- Public Health England
- Part of:
- Proficiency testing for food, water and environmental microbiology
- 11 May 2017
- Last updated:
- 7 September 2017, see all updates
This external quality assessment scheme (EQA) challenges the detection and quantification of Legionella spp. by molecular methods.
PDF, 164KB, 1 page
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The legionella molecular scheme includes samples containing a range of different serogroups of Legionella pneumophila and Legionella spp. other than L.pneumophila.
This scheme focuses on raising awareness on the:
- molecular methods used
- variations of the molecular methods used which can subsequently highlight differences in PT results obtained
- limitation of molecular methods available on the market
- updates in ISO methods
Selected distribution challenges the detection and quantification of Legionella spp. by molecular methods.
For further information please contact us at:
Food and environmental proficiency testing unit (FEPTU)
Public Health England
61 Colindale Avenue
Telephone 020 8327 7119
Fax 020 8200 8264
Published: 11 May 2017
Updated: 7 September 2017
- Updated legionella molecular scheme: sample instruction sheet (English).
- First published.