- Public Health England
- Part of:
- Proficiency testing for food, water and environmental microbiology
- 12 May 2017
- Last updated:
- 7 September 2017, see all updates
This external quality assessment scheme (EQA) for Legionella challenges the detection and quantification of Legionella spp. by molecular methods.
MS Word Document, 182KB
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The legionella molecular scheme includes samples containing a range of different serogroups of Legionella pneumophila and Legionella spp. other than L.pneumophila.
This scheme focuses on raising awareness on the:
- molecular methods used
- variations of the molecular methods used which can subsequently highlight differences in PT results obtained
- limitation of molecular methods available on the market
- updates in ISO methods
Published: 12 May 2017
Updated: 7 September 2017
- Added legionella molecular scheme: request form for distribution LM2.
- First published.