‘Learning not blaming’ sets out the government’s position on:
The 3 reports cover distinct areas, and the government response addresses the points and recommendations raised in each report. There are some themes common to each report, including the importance of:
- openness, honesty and candour
- listening to patients, families and staff
- finding and facing the truth
- learning from errors and failures in care
- people and professionalism
The equality analysis assesses how the measures set out in response to the Freedom to Speak Up review affect equality.