- HM Revenue & Customs
- Part of:
- Self Assessment forms and helpsheets: Capital Gains Tax and Self Assessment
- 4 July 2014
- Last updated:
- 6 April 2017, see all updates
How disposals of land and land leases, are treated for Capital Gains Tax.
PDF, 265KB, 8 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This guide explains how certain disposals of land, including leases, are treated for Capital Gains Tax. Includes guidance on compulsory purchase and valuations of land.
Published: 4 July 2014
Updated: 6 April 2017
- The 2016 to 2017 helpsheet has been added to this page.
- Rates, allowances and duties have been updated for the tax year 2016 to 2017.
- Rates, allowances and duties have been updated for the tax year 2015 to 2016.
- Helpsheet 292 has been replaced
- First published.