Some pupils with specific needs may need additional arrangements so they can take part in key stage 1 tests.
Types of support include:
- additional time to complete the tests
- modified test papers
- compensatory marks for spelling
- using scribes, readers, word processor or other technical or electronic aids
- making transcripts
- written or oral translations and using apparatus in mathematics test
- the use of prompts and rest breaks
- administering the tests to pupils who are absent on the planned day
- administering the tests at an alternative location
Schools must consider whether any of their pupils will need access arrangements before they administer the tests.