STA’s procedures for considering maladministration allegations into the phonics screening check, key stage 2 tests or teacher assessment.
The Standards and Testing Agency has a statutory responsibility to investigate maladministration of the national curriculum assessments.
This document explains how we investigate any matter brought to our attention which, in our opinion, relate to the accuracy or correctness of pupils’ results and/or outcomes in the national curriculum assessments. These comprise:
- phonics screening check and teacher assessment in key stage 1
- national curriculum tests and writing teacher assessment in key stage 2
- roles and responsibilities
- sources of allegations of maladministration
- how allegations are processed