STA’s procedures for considering maladministration allegations relating to the phonics screening check, key stage 1 and key stage 2 tests or teacher assessment.
The Standards and Testing Agency has a statutory responsibility to investigate maladministration of the national curriculum assessments.
This document explains how we investigate any matter brought to our attention which, in our opinion, relate to the accuracy or correctness of pupils’ results and/or outcomes in the national curriculum assessments. These comprise:
- the phonics screening check
- the national curriculum tests and teacher assessment at key stage 1 (KS1) and key stage 2 (KS2)
- roles and responsibilities
- sources of allegations of maladministration
- how allegations are processed