Defence fire safety and fire risk management (JSP 426)
The Joint Service Publication (JSP 426) contains direction and guidance to aid compliance with legislation and Ministry of Defence policy.
Ref: JSP 426 Part 1 PDF, 209KB
Ref: JSP 426 Part 2 PDF, 821KB, 59 pages
Authorised by the Director General of the Defence Safety Authority, JSP 426 is sponsored by the Defence Fire Safety Regulator (DFSR) and contains direction and guidance to aid compliance with legislation. Organisation and arrangements now reflect the Defence Safety Authority structure and the formation of the DFSR; independent from the delivery of fire and rescue services across defence.
Fire and rescue service provision is noted within Part 1 and guides the reader to the standards that are issued separately by the Defence fire and rescue service provider that is currently the Defence Fire Risk Management Organisation.
For further information please contact the DFSR Assistant Team Leader at email@example.com
Published: 16 April 2013
Updated: 14 March 2016
- Updated JSP with new title and latest versions of the guidance
- Added updated fire investigation - leaflet 12.
- Added 'Fire risk response plan: JSP 426 Volume 3 leaflet 3' and updated the 'MOD defence fire safety manual index'.
- Added amended leaflet 13 Vol 2 and added new leaflet 14 Vol 2.
- Added updated leaflet 10.
- Added updated version of leaflet 10.
- Updated leaflets 5 and 7 and new leaflet 13.
- Published updated leaflet 5.
- First published.