Joint targeted area inspections include a ‘deep dive’ investigation – an evaluation of children and young people’s experiences. This changes periodically to investigate different themes in detail. The current theme is child sexual exploitation, children associated with gangs and children missing from home, care or education.
These documents should be read alongside the framework and guidance for the joint inspection of arrangements and services for children in need of help and protection.
Reports on this page
- South Tyneside - published in April 2016
- Oxfordshire - published in May 2016
- Central Bedfordshire - published in May 2016
- Croydon - published in June 2016
- Liverpool - published in August 2016 (follow-up monitoring reports published in June and August 2017)
You can also read monitoring inspection letters on the Ofsted reports website.
Ofsted published ‘Time to listen’, a thematic report outlining findings from the 5 joint targeted area inspections, in September 2016.