- Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency
- Part of:
- Individual Vehicle Approval (IVA): forms and guidance
- 31 January 2011
- Last updated:
- 1 September 2015, see all updates
- Applies to:
- England, Scotland, and Wales
How lorries are inspected when they're being approved under the Individual Vehicle Approval (IVA) scheme to make sure they're safe to be used.
PDF, 3MB, 224 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This inspection manual is used by DVSA examiners, vehicle presenters and anyone who wants to familiarise themselves with the requirements and procedures of testing HGVs (vehicle categories N2 and N3) under the IVA scheme.
Published: 31 January 2011
Updated: 1 September 2015
- Updated version of the Individual Vehicle Approval (IVA) inspection manual for heavy goods vehicles (vehicle categories N2 & N3).
- Updated IVA inspection manual
- Version 7.0 of the manual is now available.
- Version 7.0 of the manual comes into effect on 3 February 2014
- First published.