It is a statutory duty that local authorities must publish their budget statements as and when prescribed by the Secretary of State for Education. The size of the schools budget, and the amounts to be allocated to each factor depend on budget decisions taken by the LA before the prescribed period, so budget statements are the means of informing schools and the public in general about the funding plans of the LA.
This document contains instructions and guidance to help LA staff compile, report and submit their data relating to their Section 251 returns for the 2012 to 2013 funding period. LAs must submit their budget statement for the prescribed period to the Secretary of State for Education by 31 March 2012.
- key changes
- publication and submission of budget statements
- technical help with workbooks
- production of outputs from COLLECT
- data entry workbook, tables and guidance notes
- schools budget summary table
- central expenditure annex
- mapping to line changes