Inspection and application for official copies (PG11)
- HM Land Registry
- Part of:
- Official Searches and Official Copies: practice guides and Practice guides
- 13 October 2003
- Last updated:
- 26 June 2017, see all updates
- Applies to:
- England and Wales
How to apply to inspect or obtain official copies of leases and charges referred to in the register (practice guide 11).
This guide gives details of the information held by HM Land Registry and how you may obtain it. It is aimed at conveyancers and other legal advisers and you should interpret references to ‘you’ accordingly. HM Land Registry staff will also refer to it.
We only provide factual information and impartial advice about our procedures. Read more about the advice we give.
Published: 13 October 2003
Updated: 26 June 2017
- Section 7 has been amended to specify that all emailed historical copy applications must be sent to the Durham Office email address.
- Section 5 has been amended to clarify that an application for a certificate in form CI can be made against any title.
- Section 7 has been amended as a result of a change to our email addresses.
- Section 4.2 has been amended to reflect that we can now send documents electronically up to 20 megabytes in size.
- Section 7 has been amended to reflect that we will accept HC1 requests (for register copies only) by email where the customer holds a variable direct debit account.
- Section 4 has been amended to reflect that we will no longer send official copies by fax.
- Section 10.3 has been added to give details of our refund policy.
- Link to the advice we offer added.
- Welsh version added.
- First published.