Sets out standards for the management of information in NHS organisations.
This code of practice is intended to help NHS organisations manage digital and hard copy information effectively, and to comply with legal requirements and best practice.
The code of practice covers:
- digital or hard copy patient health records
- digital or hard copy administrative information
- digital or printed X-rays, photographs, slides and images
- digital media including data tapes, CDs, DVDs, USB disk drives, removable memory sticks
- computerised records, including those that are processed in networked, mobile or standalone systems
- email, text and other message types