Use the online form to ask for a transfer of unused Married Couple's Allowance or Blind Person's Allowance to your spouse or civil partner.
To tell HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) that you want to transfer unused Married Couple’s Allowance or Blind Person’s Allowance to your spouse or civil partner, you can either:
- use the online form service (sign in to, or set up a Government Gateway account)
- print the postal form, fill it in by hand and post it to HMRC
If you use the online form, you’ll get a reference number that you can use to track the progress of your form.
To fill in the form, you’ll need:
- the date of marriage or civil partnership
- your spouse or civil partner’s HMRC reference (this can be found on any letter or form they’ve had from their HMRC office)
- your spouse or civil partner’s National Insurance number (you’ll find this on your spouse or civil partner’s payslip, P60 or tax return)
- details of your income and deductions for this tax year
- details of the allowances you want to claim for this tax year