Income Tax: notice of transfer of surplus Income Tax allowances (575(T))
Use the online form to ask for a transfer of unused Married Couple's Allowance or Blind Person's Allowance to your spouse or civil partner.
PDF, 44.7KB, 2 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
To tell HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) that you want to transfer unused Married Couple’s Allowance or Blind Person’s Allowance to your spouse or civil partner, you can either:
- use the online form service (sign in to, or set up a Government Gateway account)
- print the postal form, fill it in by hand and post it to HMRC
If you use the online form, you’ll get a reference number that you can use to track the progress of your form.
To fill in the form, you’ll need:
- the date of marriage or civil partnership
- your spouse or civil partner’s HMRC reference (this can be found on any letter or form they’ve had from their HMRC office)
- your spouse or civil partner’s National Insurance number (you’ll find this on your spouse or civil partner’s payslip, P60 or tax return)
- details of your income and deductions for this tax year
- details of the allowances you want to claim for this tax year
Published: 3 October 2014
Updated: 15 August 2016
- An online forms service is now available.
- Replaced print and post iform with flat PDF.
- The Income Tax: notice of transfer of surplus Income Tax allowances (575(T)) has been updated for 2016 to 2017.
- New interactive form now available
- Welsh translation to form 575(T) added to the page.
- First published.