Personal tax – form

Income Tax: declaration of beneficial interests in joint property and income (form 17)

Use form 17 if you own property with your spouse or civil partner and want to change the split of income to an actual basis for tax purposes.



If you live with a spouse or civil partner and have income from property you jointly own, you’ll normally be taxed on an even split of the income between you.

Use this form if you want to change the split of income to your actual share of ownership.

You’ll also need to provide evidence that your beneficial interests in the property are unequal, for example a declaration or deed.

Before you start

If you are using an older browser, eg Internet Explorer 8, you’ll need to update it or use a different browser. Find out more about browsers.

You’ll need to fill in the form fully before you can print it. You can’t save a partly completed form so we suggest you gather all your information together before you begin to fill it in.