The Department for Transport’s (DfT’s) strategy to create an inclusive transport system for disabled travellers.
Our strategy sets out:
- government’s actions for achieving equal access to transport for disabled people
- a clear programme of monitoring and evaluation
- a new governance framework for accountability
The strategy builds on the work of the 2017 consultation on a draft Accessibility Action Plan.
The ministerial letter to local authorities about the strategy is included.
The Inclusive Transport Strategy has been supplied in an audio version.
The running time is 3 hours 35 minutes and 32 seconds.
Inclusive Transport Strategy audio version
British sign language version
The Inclusive Transport Strategy has been supplied in a sign language version.
Inclusive Transport Strategy sign language version.
It’s everyone’s journey campaign
As part of the Inclusive Transport Strategy, DfT is developing a public campaign to create a more considerate and supportive travelling environment for disabled people, so they can travel easily and with confidence. The campaign will benefit all public transport users and will highlight the ways everyone can play a part in making public transport inclusive.
We’re looking for organisations to partner with and to explore in-kind partnership opportunities. We’d like to hear from you if your organisation can support the campaign and:
- help implement communications to positively change mindsets and habits
- identify and build alliances that can rally others to support and get involved
- raise awareness of changes to public transport networks
Visit the campaign partner website to register your support.