These documents have been published as part of the High Speed Two Phase 2a Working Draft Environmental Impact Assessment Report.
There are five community area (CA) reports and associated map books. These cover the following community areas: 1 Fradley to Colton; 2 Colwich to Yarlet; 3 Stone and Swynnerton; 4 Whitmore Heath to Madeley; and 5 South Cheshire.
The reports provide the following for each area:
- an overview of the area;
- a description of the construction and operation of the Proposed Scheme within the area, based on the current level of design;
- a summary of the local alternatives considered since November 2015;
- a description of the environmental baseline;
- a description of the environmental impacts of the Proposed Scheme (and, where possible, the likely significant environmental effects), both beneficial and adverse; and
- the proposed means of avoiding, reducing or managing the likely significant adverse effects.
Each map book contains a series of maps relevant to the CA covering:
- construction features and permanent features of the HS2 scheme, based on the current level of design;
- environmental baseline information, including separate maps showing key surface water features;
- landscape character areas and viewpoints for the landscape and visual assessment; and
- operational sound contours and likely significant effects, based on the current level of assessment.