Guidance for existing and new participants of the European Union Emissions Trading System (EU ETS) and participants in the small emitter and hospital opt-out scheme.
European Union Emissions Trading System (EU ETS) Phase III: Guidance for installations - How to comply with the EU ETS and Small Emitter and Hospital Opt-Out Scheme
Ref: LIT 7590 PDF, 461KB, 60 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This guidance will help you meet your obligations under the UK Regulations and applicable European legislation.
- whether you need a permit under the UK Regulations
- how to make applications (including permit applications)
- how to comply with the conditions in your permit
It’s divided into 5 sections:
- Do I have any obligations under the EU ETS?
- How do I apply for a permit?
- I have a permit, what do I need to do now?
- Things have changed, what should I do?
- I’m not happy with a decision, what should I do?
Published: 23 December 2013
Updated: 10 February 2017
- Updates to name changes, hyperlinks and additional references to European Commission guidance.
- This guidance has been revised to: • Update technical Appendix 4 on the use of default factors for monitoring and reporting with a NCV value for acetylene, and • Include technical Appendix 5 on simplification for uncertainty assessments for activity data.
- First published.