How to apply for a licence to hold a market in England and Wales to sell TB restricted cattle for slaughter, and the procedures to follow when a market is held.
Auctioneers holding a market or collection of cattle for onward consignment to a slaughterhouse may wish to include cattle which, due to TB movement restrictions, cannot enter a regular market.
These are called dedicated ‘red’ gatherings and must be approved by the Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA).
The guidance provides information on:
- the conditions the proposed site must comply with
- the preliminary approval inspection
- how to notifiy authorities when a market is to be held
- cattle movement licences and transport
- procedures to follow when a market is held
- cleansing and disinfection after the event
The guidance applies to England and Wales.