A summary of what HMRC is doing and plans to do for each of the 16 actions outlined in the 2013 government digital strategy.
PDF, 228KB, 26 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
HMRC’s latest digital strategy (2014) sets out a refreshed and comprehensive vision, reflecting our activities in the last year and our ambition for the next few years.
Every customer in the UK will have their own personalised digital tax account, so we can help make it simpler, quicker and easier to pay the right tax at the right time.
We will design digital services for our customers that:
- are easy-to-use, convenient and personalised for individuals, businesses and agents
- promote digital take-up and voluntary compliance by designing for customer needs
- use data to help customers avoid errors through pre-population
- provide assistance in using or accessing our services for those who need it
By doing this we will:
- maximise revenue
- improve the customer experience
- minimise costs