Amendment to the NHS (Charges to Overseas Visitors) Regulations means that HIV treatment is longer chargeable to any overseas visitor.
This guidance sets out:
- the background to the policy change
- defines HIV treatment and care
- prescribing of antiretroviral therapies
- the role of the Overseas Visitor Manager
- how DH will monitor the change
HIV often presents with other healthcare needs which may be chargeable unless they too are exempt from NHS charge. This guidance supports implementation of the change in England.