The Secretary of State for Transport’s report to Parliament on the performance of Highways England between 1 April 2017 to 31 March 2018. The report is required by the Infrastructure Act 2015.
The report states that overall Highways England has performed well:
- continuing to deliver schemes
- meeting most performance indicators
- responding well to the severe weather of February and March 2018
- engaging well with local authorities to support growth opportunities
The report builds on:
- advice from the Office of Rail and Road in its role as highways monitor
- advice from Transport Focus in its role as road user watchdog
- Highways England’s own assessments of its performance
The previous year’s 2016 to 2017 performance report was released in July 2017.