High cost cases: non-family (civil)
Information packs for solicitors and barristers to get legal aid in high cost cases (HCC) where the matter is outside of family law.
Who manages HCC non-family
Civil high cost non-family cases are managed by the Exceptional and Complex Case Team via. a number of sub-teams working out of our London, Cardiff and Brighton offices.
- actions against the police/judicial review
- clinical negligence/education
- terrorism/environmental/multi-party actions
- housing/other civil
A non-family pack - general guidance and case plans
- solicitors’ information pack
- barristers’ information pack
- case plan pack (non-family)
Category specific guidance (funding checklists)
- actions against the police
- clinical negligence
- prison law and judicial review
Where to send forms
For new matters, please contact the following:
Exceptional and Complex Case Team, Legal Aid Agency
3rd Floor, Invicta House
Brighton BN1 4FR
Phone: 0300 200 2020
DX: 94310 Brighton
For existing matters, please contact the LAA office which is currently dealing with your case.
The email address for the Exceptional and Complex Case Team is: contactECC@legalaid.gsi.gov.uk
We process 90% of new or ongoing case plans in 20 working days.
And we deal with most correspondence within 10 working days.