Links to websites providing help and support for young disabled people to find and stay in work.
This guidance provides links to websites that help young disabled people find and stay in work. It is aimed at young disabled people, their parents and the professionals who work with them.
Published: 18 July 2014
Updated: 27 June 2017
- Clarified description of Access to Work to explain it provides for adjustments beyond the reasonable adjustments which an employer is legally obliged to provide.
- Added a link to Disability Rights UK's apprenticeships guidance in section 4, 'Workplace training'.
- Added link to resources from the NDCS for young people with a hearing impairment to chapter 5.1.
- Added information about Remploy's supporting apprentices service, under section 8 titled 'Mental Health'.
- Added link to practical advice from the Equality Challenge Unit for careers advisers and other student service providers who support disabled students and recent graduates moving into work.
- First published.