Growth is our business: professional and business services strategy
- Department for Business, Innovation & Skills and Financial Services Organisation
- Part of:
- Industrial strategy: government and industry in partnership and Industrial strategy
- 11 July 2013
- Last updated:
- 19 March 2015, see all updates
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Joint strategy from government and industry for the future of the professional and business services industry.
Ref: BIS/13/922 PDF, 508KB, 48 pages
PDF, 1.28MB, 1 page
Sets how the government and the professional and business services sector will work together to keep the UK ahead of the global competition. We want the UK to be the world-leading hub for these services, with growing exports to overseas markets.
Professional and business services cover a range of services, including:
- advertising and corporate communications
- engineering consultancy
- legal services
- management consultancy
- recruitment and human resource services
The strategy aims to ensure that the wider economy benefits from the excellence of our professional and business services. It recognises the important role which firms, large and small, all around the country, play in helping other businesses to invest and export. It includes commitments to:
- increase access to the high level skills demanded by professional firms
- promote professional and business services exports to emerging markets
Government and industry, and in particular the Professional and Business Services Council, are working together to implement this strategy.
The professional and business services strategy is part of the government’s industrial strategy. The professional and business services infographic is available in other formats from Flickr: Industrial sector infographics.
Published: 11 July 2013
Updated: 19 March 2015
- Link to Professional Business and Service Council Skills Taskforce 2014 to 2015 report added.
- First published.