Get proof of a visit to a refuge to escape domestic violence

Use this letter to get evidence that you went to a refuge to get away from an abusive partner, if you're applying for legal aid.


To get proof that you went to a refuge:

  • fill in this sample letter
  • send it to the refuge where you stayed

You can use this as evidence if you’re applying for legal aid to divorce or separate from an abusive partner.

It will still count if you were turned away because the refuge was full.

It won’t count if you left the refuge more than 5 years ago and haven’t been back since.