GCE subject-level conditions and requirements for science
- Part of:
- New A level and AS level qualifications: requirements and guidance and School and college qualifications and curriculum
- First published:
- 20 July 2015
- Last updated:
- 27 May 2016, see all updates
- Applies to:
Rules and regulations for reformed A levels and AS qualifications (taught from September 2015) in biology, chemistry and physics.
GCE Subject Level Conditions and Requirements for Science (Biology, Chemistry, Physics) and Certificate Requirements
Ref: Ofqual/16/6013 PDF, 1.14MB, 68 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This document sets out rules and regulations for reformed A levels and AS qualifications in biology, chemistry and physics. These will be taught in schools from September 2015.
It replaces the following documents (published in April 2014):
- GCE Subject Level Conditions and Requirements for Biology (Ofqual/14/5418)
- GCE Subject Level Conditions and Requirements for Chemistry (Ofqual/14/5414)
- GCE Subject Level Conditions and Requirements for Physics (Ofqual/14/5409)
Read the associated guidance to understand how to comply with these rules.
You should also read the GCE qualification level conditions and requirements and our requirements for all qualifications.
Published: 20 July 2015
Updated: 27 May 2016
- Updated requirements for monitoring of practical science assessment to include sharing of information with exam boards offering A level geology
- First published.