Register as a bingo promoter

Apply to HMRC to register as a bingo promoter using form EX250.


Register online (sign in using Government Gateway)

Register by post


To register as a bingo promoter you can either:

  • use the online service
  • fill in the form on-screen, print it off and post it to HMRC

To apply online you need a Government Gateway user ID and password. If you do not have a user ID, you can create one when you apply.

You’ll get a reference number if you use the online service. You can use this to track the progress of your form.

Commercial clubs must be registered at least 14 days before promoting bingo. If you’re an unlicensed promoter, you must register within 5 days of the date you exceed the small-scale limits of £500 on any one day, or £7,500 within an accounting period. These limits refer to total stakes paid by players or total prizes won by them.

Email HMRC to ask for this form in Welsh (Cymraeg).

Before you start using the postal form

If you’re using an older browser, such as Internet Explorer 8, you’ll need to update it or use a different browser. Find out more about browsers.

You’ll need to fill in the form fully before you can print it. You cannot save a partly completed form so gather all your information together before you start to fill it in.

Guidance on bingo duty (Notice 457). For bingo promoters and anyone else involved in providing facilities for playing bingo.

Published 9 September 2014
Last updated 22 December 2015 + show all updates
  1. An online service is now available.
  2. First published.