Fuel Duty: claim for drawback of duty paid on oils used as fuel on foreign-going vessels (HO66)

Use the online form or postal form HO66 to claim drawback of Excise Duty on oil used as fuel on foreign-going vessels.


Claim using the online form (sign in to or set up a Government Gateway account)

Claim by post


About this form

Only use this form for hydrocarbon oils used as fuel (ship stores) on foreign-going vessels. Send the return within 2 years of the date the vessel sailed.

You can either:

  • use the online form service (sign in to, or set up a Government Gateway account)
  • fill in the form on-screen, print and post it to HMRC

Email HMRC to ask for this form in Welsh (Cymraeg).

Before you start filling in the postal form

If you’re using an older browser, such as Internet Explorer 8, you’ll need to update it or use a different browser. Find out more about browsers.

You’ll need to fill in the postal form fully before you can print it. You cannot save a partly completed form so gather all your information together before you start to fill it in.

Published 8 October 2014
Last updated 16 May 2016 + show all updates
  1. An online form service is now available.
  2. First published.