Form for registering waste exemptions: WEEEX001

Use form WEEEX001 to register a T11 exemption with the Environment Agency.


Form WEEEX001: Registration of an exemption to treat waste electrical and electronic equipment

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.

If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


The Environmental Permitting (England and Wales) Regulations 2010 explain that most activities to manage waste should have a permit. However, there are some exceptions. These are called exemptions.

To register a T11 WEEE (waste electrical and electronic equipment) exemption, please use form WEEEX001. T11 exemptions cannot be registered online.

Do not use this form to register exemptions T3, T7 or T22. You register these exemptions with other organisations and not the Environment Agency.

Related information:

Published 20 September 2013
Last updated 7 September 2017 + show all updates
  1. Form updated to include new bank details.
  2. Removed WEX001 as it is no longer in use.
  3. First published.