Appeal a Traffic Commissioner decision: Form UT12

Use this form to apply for permission to appeal if you have been refused by the Traffic Commissioner, or appeal to the Upper Tribunal if you have permission.


Application form: UT12

Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


You must send documents to the tribunal using the E-Filing service for proceedings:

  • that start on or after 4 December 2023

  • where a party is either represented by a legal representative, or is a government department, agency or public body

You can find more information about using the E-Filing service for these proceedings.

Find more court and tribunal forms by category.

Find out how HM Courts and Tribunals Service uses personal information you give when you fill in a form.

You can find the digest of decisions on appeal from Traffic Commissioners.

Updates to this page

Published 1 December 2013
Last updated 4 December 2023 + show all updates
  1. Information on using the E-Filing service has been added to the 'details' section, the form and the guidance.

  2. Added new link to Digest of Decisions on Appeal from Traffic Commissioners page.

  3. First published.

Sign up for emails or print this page