Form N434: Tell a court about a change of legal representative

Use this 'notice of change' to tell a court that the legal representative in a case has changed.


Notice of change of solicitor

Rhybudd newid cyfreithiwr / Notice of change of solicitor

Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


Use this form, sometimes called a ‘notice of acting’ or ‘notice of change’, to tell a court that:

  • your legal representative is no longer acting on your behalf, and you are now acting on your own behalf
  • you have appointed a legal representative to act on your behalf
  • you have changed your legal representative

If you have appointed or changed your legal representative, they will complete the form for you.

You (or your legal representative) must send copies of the form to:

  • the court
  • all people and organisations (‘parties’) involved in the case
  • any previous legal representatives

Find more court and tribunal forms by category.

Find out how HM Courts and Tribunals Service uses personal information you give when you fill in a form.

Published 1 April 2014