Form D84: Apply to court for a decree nisi, conditional order or (judicial) separation decree or order (applications issued before April 2022)

Apply for a certificate that says the court doesn’t see any reason why you can’t divorce or separate.


Cais am Ddyfarniad nisi/gorchymyn amodol neu orchymyn/dyfarniad ymwahanu (cyfreithiol) / Application for a decree nisi/conditional order or (judicial) separation decree/order

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology.

Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


Only use this form if the court issued your application before 6 April 2022. If your application was issued on or after 6 April 2022, you will need to use a different form.

A decree nisi or conditional order is the first of two decrees or orders you must have before you are finally divorced or your civil partnership is finally dissolved.

A judicial separation decree or separation order is the only and final document issued by the court.

You can use this form to apply whether or not your partner agrees to your petition. There is no fee payable for this application.

Find out more about separating, divorcing or ending a civil partnership.

Find more court and tribunal forms by category.

Published 1 April 2014