Ask the court to witness your parental responsibility agreement: Form C(PRA1)

Parents can use this form to record an agreement that the biological father should be granted parental responsibility for the child.


Cytundeb cyfrifoldeb rhieni: C(PRA1)

Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


Making this agreement will affect the legal position of the mother and father. You should both seek legal advice before you make the agreement.

Find out more about parental responsibility.

Open a document

You can download and open PDF documents on your device. Downloading enables more features to be used, such as printing.

Adobe Reader is a free to use PDF viewer. You can use this to view, fill in and print PDF documents. You do not need to sign up for a free trial.

Follow these steps:

  1. Download Adobe Reader for free.

  2. Right-click on the document link then select ‘Save link as’ or ‘Download linked file’.

  3. Save the form (in your ‘documents’ folder, for example).

  4. Open Adobe Reader and then select the saved form.

If the form still does not open, contact

If you need a printed version contact your local court.

Find more court and tribunal forms by category.

Find out how HM Courts and Tribunals Service uses personal information you give when you fill in a form.

Updates to this page

Published 1 August 2014
Last updated 14 February 2024 + show all updates
  1. Added information about the original certificates that you need to send to the Central Family Court.

  2. First published.

Sign up for emails or print this page