Food and water proficiency testing schemes: scoring systems and statistics
- Public Health England
- Part of:
- Proficiency testing for food, water and environmental microbiology
- 19 July 2014
- Last updated:
- 25 November 2016, see all updates
A guide to the scoring systems and statistics used for the PHE proficiency testing (PT) schemes for food and water microbiology.
PDF, 605KB, 26 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This guide is designed to help participants understand the scoring systems and statistics used for assessing results reported for the PHE food and water microbiology PT schemes.
PHE proficiency testing is also known as external quality assessment (EQA).
Published: 19 July 2014
Updated: 25 November 2016
- Updated food and water PT schemes: scoring systems and statistics.
- Rules added for shellfish scheme tube combinations.
- Food and water PT schemes: scoring systems and statistics document reviewed
- First published.