Points will be applied to an English-registered fishing licence if the licence holder is convicted of a serious infringement in a UK court.
Offences committed in other member states will also be referred to the vessel’s relevant fisheries administration for the application of points. The guidance includes details on:
- how the points system is applied
- how many points are applied for different offences
- how long points will be attached to a licence
- ways to reduce the points
- the effect of accumulated points on a fishing licence
- how points are affected by licence changes
Also see the Marine Management Organisation’s Compliance and Enforcement Strategy.