Fire safety of your building: advice for tenants and residents

Advice if you have concerns about the fire safety of your building.



If you have any concerns regarding the safety of your building, you should:

  • in the first instance, contact your landlord or building owner
  • if you are still concerned, you should then contact your local authority or local fire and rescue service for advice
  • if you do not feel that the issue has been sufficiently dealt with, you can contact the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government building safety team

You may also find the following information and resources useful:

In an emergency, you should always dial 999

Published 30 August 2017