Find a professional to certify export health certificates

A list of organisations in England, Scotland and Wales that inspect and certify animals and animal products for export.



If you want to export animals and animal products from the UK, you need to nominate someone to sign an export health certificate.

This will be an official vet or sometimes a local authority inspector (usually an environmental health officer). They will check your consignment meets the health requirements of the destination country.

Use this list to find a vet or local authority inspector who can certify your consignment.

The list does not include every certifier in England, Scotland and Wales. And not every certifier will be able to certify every consignment. Check the details in the list to make sure you are choosing the right one. If you cannot find what you need ask your local vet or email

If you’re in Northern Ireland contact DAERA.

There’s no fee for the certificate but you’ll be charged for your vet or inspector’s time.

If your organisation offers certification, and you want to be added to the list, email

Published 8 February 2019
Last updated 4 April 2019 + show all updates
  1. Added 30 vet and 7 local authority certifiers in England, Scotland and Wales.
  2. Added contact details for local authority inspectors
  3. First published.