- Ministry of Defence
- Part of:
- Support services for military and defence personnel and their families
- 1 January 2012
- Last updated:
- 19 September 2017, see all updates
Highlighting common difficulties faced by the services’ mobile population in acquiring credit and offers advice on how to overcome these.
Service personnel and their families can experience difficulty in accessing commercial products and services due to their mobility and time spent outside the UK. The Ministry of Defence (MOD) has worked with the financial sector to improve the ability of armed forces personnel to access financial products.
The representative bodies for the financial sector are raising awareness within their membership of how to avoid disadvantage for service personnel and their families. They have worked with MOD to develop these top tips for the armed forces on credit ratings, mortgages and loans, BFPO addresses and insurance.
Published: 1 January 2012
Updated: 19 September 2017
- Added more information and links in the 'Financial top tips for service personnel' guides.
- Added updated information and links in the 'Financial top tips for service personnel' guides.
- Updated business use.
- Added link to Joining Forces credit unions.
- Added updated guidance.
- Added new versions of documents.
- First published.