Financial sanctions, Egypt
- HM Treasury and Office of Financial Sanctions Implementation
- Part of:
- Financial sanctions: Regime-specific lists and releases and Counter-terrorism
- First published:
- 22 March 2013
- Last updated:
- 23 March 2017, see all updates
Egypt is currently subject to financial sanctions. This document contains a current list of designated persons.
PDF, 18.3KB, 2 pages
PDF, 166KB, 4 pages
PDF, 87.3KB, 7 pages
In 2011 the European Union imposed restrictive measures directed against certain persons and entities in view of the situation in Egypt, specifically those identified as responsible for the misappropriation of Egyptian State funds.
Current EU regulations
- 26.11.2012 - Council Regulation (EU) No 1099/2012 Provides clarification in respect of the sharing of information received by Member States to assist in the recovery of misappropriated assets and updated the exemptions in relation to prior contracts and prior judicial liens and judgments.
- 21.03.2011 Council Regulation (EU) No 270/2011 Provided for restrictive measures on certain persons and entities identified as responsible for the misappropriation of Egyptian State funds.
Current UK regulations
Published: 22 March 2013
Updated: 23 March 2017
- Updated with latest HM Treasury notice, 23/03/2017, Egypt (Reg 2017/491)
- First published.