© Crown copyright 2021
This publication is licensed under the terms of the Open Government Licence v3.0 except where otherwise stated. To view this licence, visit nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence/version/3 or write to the Information Policy Team, The National Archives, Kew, London TW9 4DU, or email: email@example.com.
Where we have identified any third party copyright information you will need to obtain permission from the copyright holders concerned.
This publication is available at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/export-control-training-bulletin/export-control-joint-unit-webinars
Export Control Joint Unit’s (ECJU) webinars provide guidance on:
- strategic export control licences
- how to be compliant with UK export control laws
Watch our previous webinars
Watch recordings of our webinar presentations on YouTube.
What our webinars offer
Our webinars provide guidance on strategic export control licences and how to be compliant with UK export control laws.
They cover a range of topics, including:
- definition of military and dual use items and control list entries
- other types of controls such as trade, technology, end use
- goods you must not export
- how international sanctions can impact your exports
- how to make applications for licences
- how licences are assessed
- penalties for not having a licence at time of shipping
- training available
You can also email our team with your suggestions for future topics at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to register for our live webinars
You will need to sign up for email alerts to hear about our latest live webinars and to receive instructions on how to register for them.
How to join our live webinars
We send you a sign-up link when you register for a webinar. You must sign in at least 5 minutes before the live training webinar is scheduled to start.
Our webinars are delivered on either Microsoft Teams or on Webex.
We also provide recorded versions of the webinars if you’ve missed them.
During the webinar
You can ask us questions during the webinar using the on-screen text box. The presenters are experts in strategic export control from:
- Department for International Trade (DIT)
- Ministry of Defence (MOD)
- Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO)
They will do their best to answer your queries or direct you to helpful guidance.
We will follow up any questions not answered during the webinar afterwards.