If you’re looking to start or expand your company in another country, the UK is an ideal place. Reasons for this include:
- the UK has one of the lowest corporation tax rates in the G20
- you can register a company within 48 hours
- 4 of the world’s top 10 universities are based in the UK
- the labour force is the second largest in the Europe
- the UK government offers support to start-ups and entrepreneurs
Government support for start-up companies and entrepreneurs includes access to mentoring programmes and funding through working with the private sector.
2. Help for start-ups and entrepreneurs
UKTI’s Global Entrepreneur Programme (GEP) helps overseas entrepreneurs and early stage technology businesses or start-ups that want to relocate their business to the UK.
The programme has so far helped to:
- relocate 340 businesses to the UK
- create over 1000 jobs in the UK economy
- raise over £1 billion of private investment for companies
Support is free and includes:
- help to develop business plans
- assistance with relocating to the UK
- providing introductions to investors
- guidance on how to grow internationally
- mentoring from experienced entrepreneurs
- continued help once located in the UK
In return for this support, overseas entrepreneurs are encouraged to set up their headquarters in the UK.
2.1 How it works
To qualify for GEP support, you must be:
- an overseas based entrepreneur or technology business
- looking to establish your global business headquarters in the UK
A team of 12 successful entrepreneurs, known as ‘dealmakers’, will help people set up and expand their businesses from the UK.
Email email@example.com for more information about the GEP programme.