- Natural England
- Part of:
- England Coast Path: Grain to Woolwich, England Coast Path: Isle of Sheppey, England Coast Path: Iwade to Grain, England Coast Path: Eastbourne to Camber, England Coast Path: Shoreham-by-Sea to Eastbourne England Coast Path: Camber to Folkestone, England Coast Path: Whitstable to Iwade, England Coast Path: Folkestone to Ramsgate, England Coast Path: Ramsgate to Whitstable, and England Coast Path: improving public access to the coast
- 10 September 2014
- Last updated:
- 28 June 2017, see all updates
- Applies to:
Find out about Natural England's progress with improving coastal access.
PDF, 980KB, 1 page
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Find out about the work being carried out to improve public access to each stretch of the coast in the south east of England.
|Shoreham-by-Sea to Eastbourne||Stage 2 and 3: Develop and Propose|
|Eastbourne to Camber||Stage 1: Prepare|
|Camber to Folkestone||Open to the public|
|Folkestone to Ramsgate||Open to the public|
|Ramsgate to Whitstable||Stage 5: Open (not yet available for public use - work to establish the route is currently taking place)|
|Isle of Sheppey||Stage 2 and 3: Develop and Propose|
|Whitstable to Iwade||Stage 4: Determine|
|Iwade to Grain||Stage 2 and 3: Develop and Propose|
|Grain to Woolwich||Stage 2 and 3: Develop and Propose|
Published: 10 September 2014
Updated: 28 June 2017
- Page updated to show work has started on the Eastbourne to Camber stretch
- Table updated to show Whitstable to Iwade stretch is now at stage 4.
- Grain to Woolwich stretch is now at stage 2/3
- Updated map and table: Grain to Gravesend has been extended and renamed Grain to Woolwich.
- Updated table as Shoreham-by-Sea to Eastbourne is now at stage 2 and 3.
- The end point of the Grain to Gravesend stretch was changed in March 2017 to Woolwich in London in order to join the capital to the England Coast Path along the Thames Estuary.
- Updated table to show that the Isle of Sheppey stretch has moved to stage 2 and 3: develop and propose
- Map updated to show the Ramsgate to Whitstable stretch has been approved.
- New stretches added: Isle of Sheppey and Grain to Gravesend.
- Replaced map to show that work on the Shoreham-by-Sea to Eastbourne stretch has started
- Replaced map to show that the Folkestone to Ramsgate and Camber to Folkestone stretches are open to the public.
- Replaced map with updated version.
- Added updated map showing Iwade to Grain as 'work in progress'.
- First published.
From: Natural England
Part of: England Coast Path: Grain to Woolwich England Coast Path: Isle of Sheppey England Coast Path: Iwade to Grain England Coast Path: Eastbourne to Camber England Coast Path: Shoreham-by-Sea to Eastbourne England Coast Path: Camber to Folkestone England Coast Path: Whitstable to Iwade England Coast Path: Folkestone to Ramsgate England Coast Path: Ramsgate to Whitstable England Coast Path: improving public access to the coast