© Crown copyright 2020
This publication is licensed under the terms of the Open Government Licence v3.0 except where otherwise stated. To view this licence, visit nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence/version/3 or write to the Information Policy Team, The National Archives, Kew, London TW9 4DU, or email: email@example.com.
Where we have identified any third party copyright information you will need to obtain permission from the copyright holders concerned.
This publication is available at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/energy-technology-list-etl-privacy-notice/beis-energy-technology-list-etl-and-product-policy-services-privacy-notice
Who we are
The ETL (or Energy Technology Product List, ETPL) is a government-managed list of energy-efficient plant and machinery.
The data controller is the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS). A data controller determines how and why personal data is processed.
What we do with your data
BEIS will be processing your personal data to allow implementation of product energy efficiency policy support services, including the Energy Technology List (ETL). This will involve disclosure of the information to service providers contracted by BEIS. We are collecting your data as part of our public task.
How long we keep your data
The information you provide will be retained until it is no longer needed for the purpose.
Where your data is processed and stored
The data you provide will not be transferred outside the European Community.
What are your rights
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed
- a copy of that personal data
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
A full list of your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is available on the ICO website.
Contact us or make a complaint
Contact the BEIS Data Protection Officer (DPO) if you:
- have any questions about anything in this document
- think that your personal data has been misused or mishandled
BEIS Data Protection Officer
Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
1 Victoria Street
You can also make a complaint to the Information Commissioner (supervisory authority), who is an independent regulator.