- Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency
- Part of:
- Blood regulation and safety
- 6 May 2010
Guidance for hospital blood banks on issuing blood components electronically in line with best practice.
PDF, 54KB, 3 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This guidance from the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) clarifies the MHRA’s expectations on the control of electronic issue of blood components.
It should be used in conjunction with:
- British Committee for Standards in Haematology (BCSH) guidelines for blood bank computing (current version)
- BCSH guidelines for compatibility procedures in blood transfusion laboratories (current version)
- Blood Safety and Quality Regulations (SI 2005 No. 50, as amended) Regulation 9 (1) b, referencing Commission Directive 2005/62/EC ‘standards and specifications relating to a quality system for blood establishments’
Published: 6 May 2010