Analyses of the value of the economic relationship between the United Kingdom and Ireland.
Report, in 2 volumes, on the macro-economic context and the opportunities for collaboration in the sectors identified in the 12 March 2012 joint statement between Prime Minister David Cameron and Taoiseach Enda Kenny. These sectors include:
- construction and physical infrastructure
- financial and professional services
- research & development and innovation
- tourism and travel
The UK Department for Business Innovation and Skills (BIS) and the Department of the Taoiseach in Ireland jointly commissioned this final report. It has been developed using feedback on an interim report which was produced before the 11 March 2013 UK-Ireland Summit, see the press conference statement from the Summit.
The report is separated into 2 volumes:
- volume 1 looks at sector-level findings and the evidence on which they are based
- volume 2 summarises macro-economic and micro-economic analysis