Report your medical condition (form DR1)

Report alcohol problems to DVLA if you're a car driver or motorcyclist.



This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology.

Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


Use this form to report alcohol problems or other related conditions.

Use a different form to report these conditions if you have a lorry, bus or coach licence.

Find out what happens after you tell DVLA.

View the full list of health conditions.

Published 1 April 2012
Last updated 21 August 2020 + show all updates
  1. Added translation

  2. Updated forms

  3. Updated pdf.

  4. Updated pdf in English and Welsh.

  5. PDF updated

  6. Added translation

  7. Updated version

  8. The numbering / lettering has been corrected at question 1a-i.

  9. Changes have been made at question 3 and the return form has also been updated, page numbers added to all pages.

  10. First published.