This resource looks at how health professionals can support adults and young people over 16, and dependent children, who are experiencing domestic abuse.
It will help health staff to:
- identify potential victims
- initiate sensitive routine enquiry
- respond effectively to disclosures of abuse
Commissioners will gain insight into services to support people experiencing domestic violence and abuse, and the importance of joined-up local strategic planning.
The resource draws on the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence multi-agency guidelines on domestic violence and abuse, and provides:
- the legal and policy contexts of domestic abuse in England
- information for commissioners on effective integrated care pathways
- information for service providers on shaping service delivery
- what health practitioners need to know and do
- information to ensure the right pathway and services are in place locally