Radiotherapy: learning from errors
- Public Health England
- Part of:
- Medical radiation: uses, dose measurements and safety advice
- 22 December 2016
Supplementary guidance to support the radiotherapy community.
Ref: PHE publications gateway number: 2016522 PDF, 294KB, 38 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
- presents the causative factor taxonomy
- presents the refinement to the radiotherapy pathway coding which includes the introduction of the safety barrier taxonomy
- provides guidance on the application of the taxonomy
- shares submission procedures for coding with radiotherapy staff and risk managers for inclusion in national analysis
- encourages local application of the taxonomies to improve local learning from radiotherapy error and near miss events (RTE)
Published: 22 December 2016