Authorisations by the Secretary of State to inform operators how to comply with these exemptions.
EU Regulation 1069/2009 and Commission Regulation 142/2011 set down controls on the safe use and disposal of animal-by products to safeguard public and animal health but allow exemptions in certain circumstances.
This table of authorisations shows which exemptions may be used in England and any conditions that operators need to follow.
First published in May 2011 (last amended in January 2017).
Published: 1 January 2013
Updated: 10 October 2017
- Document updated as Authorisation A6 has been amended.
- Latest version of the table of authorisations added.
- The following sections in this document were updated 18 November 2014: Authorisation A10 on feeding Category 3 material to pets: first paragraph makes clearer what establishments are covered Authorisation D12 on exemptions from registration: part (d)(ii) on home-curing of raw hides and skins removed
- Updated document published. Removed requirement for registration under authorisation A10 on feeding category 3 material to pet animals.
- Latest version of the APB Authorisations document published.
- Updated Authorisations document published
- Document has been replaced following a change to the section 'Authorisation B6- to allow all cooked shellfish shells to be applied to land, subject to conditions'
- New Authorisation B6 to allow cooked crab shells to be applied to land
- The following sections in this document were updated in December 2013: • Authorisation A10 to feed Category 3 material to pet animals: • Authorisation C3 to dispose of certain Category 1 material and Category 2 and 3 material in remote areas • Authorisation C4 to dispose of certain Category 1 material and Category 2 and 3 material in restricted areas • Authorisation D12 to exempt certain operators from the requirement to register
- Published amended version of this policy paper.
- Replaced the document with more up to date version.
- First published.