Department for Education staff travel costs in 2010, 2011 and 2012, and details of any department video conferencing facilities
- Date requested: 8 January 2013
- Date responded: 23 January 2013
- How much did the Department For Education spend on staff travel 2010, 2011 and 2012?
- How many members of department staff have cars provided to them as part of their job? What was the annual cost of this provision in 2010, 2011, 2012?
- Does the department have video conferencing facilities? If so please provide some further details - make, model, date of installation, quantity etc. If none what plans (if any) are in place for the installation of such technology?
- How many video conferencing calls were made by the department in 2010, 2011 and 2012?
Q1. The amount spent on staff travel is listed below:
Q2. There are no roles in the department where staff have cars provided to them as part of their job.
Q3. The department has video conferencing facilities with 105 end points installed across our current sites. The department uses CISCO (Tandberg) profiles and Polycom HDX6000 units.
Q4. In the years 2011 and 2012, 11,498 and 16,861 video conferences were initiated respectively. The department held 3,587 conferences in 2010.
Please note that we only hold data for July 2010 to December 2010 inclusive – this is due to an infrastructure upgrade carried out during that year and as such do not hold any data prior to July 2010.